hello, friends. i'm molly and i'm kind of a nervous wreck.
walk into the club like "be not afraid for behold i bring glad tidings of great joy."
canals of venice // metropolitan museum of art // taj mahal // eiffel tower // versailles // burj khalifa // moma // canadian parliament // the white house // diagon alley // national portrait gallery (usa) // national gallery (uk) // christ the redeemer // mount fuji // cern // hashima island // grand canyon // scott’s hut (antarctica) // japanese mineshaft // angkor wat // railway in the swiss alps // cinque terre // musee d’orsay // allure of the seas cruise ship // chateau de fontainebleu // wieliczka salt mine // colusseum // everest base camp // mudslide bridge // tengboche monestary // berg field center // tokyo tower // trafalgar square // central park // royal palace of amsterdam // tardis // acropolis museum // kunsthistorisches museum // frick collection // smithsonian american art museum // tokyo national museum
national moment of silence 2014 (for victims of police brutality)
share the following:
Lin-Manuel tweets about Ferguson with brilliant musical theatre lyrics
i have suddenly been seized by the desire to transfer to harvard
please advise/slap me, internet
because a lot of people dont seem to get this:
- golems are from jewish folklore. dont treat them like a generic fantasy creature, thats appropriative
- kabbalah is a specifically jewish religious tradition. dont practice it if youre not jewish and dont use kabbalah symbolism as generic occult stuff, thats appropriative
- for the record if it has hebrew on it and it doesnt have anything to do with judaism its probably appropriative
- dont wear a magen david if youre not jewish, its used as a symbol for judaism so wearing it if youre a gentile is appropriative
- while im at it heres a rundown of some terms you should know
- goy: hebrew and yiddish for non-jewish person, it literally translates as “nation.” the plural form is goyim. goy is not a slur.
- gentile: english for non-jewish person
- anti-semitism: you probably know what this means but i just want to point out that the word anti-semitism was NOT coined by jews but by a german anti-semite who wanted a more scientific-sounding alternative to “judenhass,” which literally translates to “jew-hatred” so please shut up about how arabs are also semites. we know.
- if you’re not jewish you should also avoid using the word “jew” since many jewish people are uncomfortable with it (though i personally am fine with it). use “jewish person” instead if youre a gentile
please reblog this if you’re not jewish, i almost never see gentiles acknowledging cultural appropriation of judaism and anti-semitism on tumblr, even among people who otherwise pay close attention to such issues
Color Study: Desert Sky
Alice Blue, Baby Blue, Sky Blue, Periwinkle, Peach, Carnation Pink and Rose.
people who make fun of the whole ~get out of this town~ motif in pop punk have probably never experienced the suffocation and frustration and loneliness that comes from living in a tiny rural town especially as someone who for any reason would be considered “different”